I LOVE pasta, but let’s be real, pasta isn’t that great for us to be eating all the time SO to fill the void we have spaghetti squash! YAY!
One of the things I like about spaghetti squash it its versatility. You can literally put anything on it.
Fettuccine Alfredo is my weakness when it comes to pasta, and I have been searching for a solid healthier recipe that kicks the craving. This is it!
- 4 Lb Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Medium Sized Chicken Breast, Cooked & Shredded
- 1 Block Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Skim or 1% Milk
- Garlic to Taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds (middle part) then coat the sides with olive oil, place on a baking sheet face up, and cook in the oven on 400 degrees for 40 MINUTES (might take more, depending on the size of the spaghetti squash, if you are not sure it is done, take a fork and scrape the sides, if you can scrape off the “noodles” then it is done!)
- Go ahead and scrape out both sides of the spaghetti squash and put to the side.
- Next in a large skillet, warm up the cream cheese along with the milk and stir until a sauce is formed.
- Next, add in shredded chicken. Mix this well with the white sauce. Then, add in garlic to taste. I typically start with a teaspoon and work from there. At this point you can also add in the spaghetti squash.
- I like to add veggies in mine! The first time I made this I added onions, bell peppers, carrots, and corn. The most recent time I added sautéed mushrooms, artichoke hearts and onions. You can really add whatever you like, it all taste good!
- Serve with parsley garnished on top.
This recipe yields around 3-4 servings!
Enjoy you guys!