Happy National Cookie Day!!!
I made these hot chocolate cookies last night for a bonfire and they were a huge hit so I am sharing the recipe on the blog today!!
Recipe: Hot Chocolate Cookies with Marshmallows:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Place by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until slightly firm.(it only took mine about 7 min)
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, begin topping with marshmallows. (push down onto the cookie or they will not melt onto it and roll off)
- After cooling for a few minutes on the baking sheet, move to wire rack until completely cool.
- I roasted the top of my marshmallows with a lighter (probably not the healthiest thing) but if you have one of those cute little mini blow torches I would use that!
Recipe inspired by Dine and Dish!
**I did half of everything in this recipe and it still made at least 12 cookies so keep that in mind when doing the full amount!**
What are some of your favorite cookie recipes? How will you be celebrating National Cookie Day?
Have a wonderful weekend!
See you Monday!